Although January can sometimes feel like a slow month, it's also a time when our thoughts naturally turn to our goals, dreams and ambitions for the year ahead, to the things we resolve to do or intend to set out and make happen.
I know that we've all got our own ways of thinking about goals, resolutions, intentions but I'm guessing most of us will be spending some time this month thinking about where we want to be by the end of this year.
And if that includes the plans for your own business you want to be asking yourself this:
What are your business blogging goals for 2008?
Blogs offer so much potential to help us stretch and grow our business - which means there are loads of different ways we can develop our blogs to get us there.
Here are 20 possibilities that I came up with:
- Make this the year to start your business blog
- Get back to the blog you started in 2007 (or 2006?) that's got a little dusty...
- Establish a blogging rhythm and routine that's sustainable for you
- Make the switch from your current platform to a new snazzy, blog angel designed blog
- Use more photos in your blog
- Start to podcast
- Experiment with a video-blog
- Increase your reader or subscriber numbers
- Get more comments on your blog
- Get more traffic
- Declutter your sidebars
- Build a community around your blog
- Generate passive income from your blogsite
- Use social media to complement your blogging efforts
- Increase the number of incoming links
- Get more business from your blog
- Post on a more regular basis
- Get to know other bloggers
- Have more fun with your blog
- Become a famous blogger
And guess what? They're all achievable, and they're all things that Claire and I can talk you through here (except maybe the last one: you need to check out the cartoon for that!)
If you've got a blogging goal you want to share, you can let us know in the comment box below, or leave a voice mail message. Stating it publicly makes it more likely that it'll happen after all... plus we can create some future posts with tips, suggestions and strategies on how you can make it so.
Post author Joanna Young also writes at the Confident Writing blog - the place to go for writing tips to help you get back into your blogging rhythm...
Her blogging goals for 2008 including a doubling of current reader numbers, maintaining the weekly podcast slot and having as much fun through blogging as she possibly can :-)