I know, I know... it's been ages since my last post... there's just so much going on. I'll update you on all that as and when, but in the meantime, I just had to share this with you:
* Email is still primary channel for sharing – 69% of adults cite email as the primary source of sharing information
* Less than 1/3 of online adults said they learned about the new content from generally shared content sources such as YouTube, a wiki, or social networking sites
* 84% of people still use the traditional cut and paste method to share a URL or information
* Though the primary motivation for sharing differs, 81% of adults claim that they share to help others – believing that a person will benefit from the information they share
* Sharing increases site traffic 2x, thus increasing ad dollars or revenue for publishers
* Men are more likely to share recommendations and videos than women; 77 percent of adult males and 74 of younger males shared news and web links
* Women are more likely to share products or ideas they like via easy or direct sharing methods (ie texting)
This is really valuable information - lots of clues about what you could be doing to improve your traffic, better target your particular market and add value for your readers.
Some Key Recommendations for you:
1. Make it easy to for people to email your content to their networks and contacts by using ShareThis.
2. Tell your readers how to locate the url for a specific post - the permalink.
3. Actively encourage your readers to share - suggest how they can do this.
TRY IT OUT NOW...
If you think your friends/network will benefit from this post - use either of the ShareThis links below to share it with them.
ShareThis allows you to share in all sorts of ways. If you are a Stumbler or Digger you can Stumble or Digg this in the usual way or use ShareThis to do the same.
To email this post - when the little box opens - select the Email tab and follow the instructions.
Or if IMing or emailing direct and want to send a link to this specific post, either place your mouse over the title of this post, RIGHT click, Save url location / copy link location / copy link address and paste directly into your email or message. Alternatively, click on the Permalink link at the foot of this post.
Any questions? Click on the Comments link below and ask away...